Software simply makes processes run smoothly
In today’s world, software is basically an essential part of business. No matter what your company does, you probably use software on a regular basis. Even if it’s just to check emails and write letters.
While some basic computer programs might be enough to get a business up and running, most organisations won’t last long using the software that comes free with their computers. Organising and sharing data, tracking orders, managing workloads, scheduling tasks, and monitoring progress are all essential for long-term success and growth, and those things just can’t be done effectively with standard software.
So, how do you know that it’s time to invest in some new tools? Here are some signs to look out for:
- You have multiple processes– Okay, so this probably describes every business out there, but software simply makes processes run more smoothly and gives people the chance to focus on less prescriptive tasks. Whether you’re trying to chase in payments, dealing with logistics, or making a sale, software can make a big difference to both efficiency and effectiveness.
- The business is growing– No matter what phase a business might be in, software can be a useful tool. But during the growth phase, as things are changing, and the number of processes might be swelling, software can help you to maintain control and ensure even tedious tasks are completed efficiently and to a high standard.
- Excel is used for everything– Microsoft’s Office suite is certainly useful and convenient, and it offers a lot of functionality that businesses need. However, spreadsheets are often pushed to their limits, resulting in slow processes and mistakes – not to mention frustration among employees. If you think Excel is letting you down, it probably means you should be using more specialist software.
- You do the same thing over and over– If you feel like your job is tedious, and you find yourself doing the same monotonous tasks, this is a sure-fire sign that you need software. Computers are really good at repetition – and they can do those jobs faster and more accurately than humans. From writing letters to data entry and processing payments, specialist software can make you faster and better at your job.
- Business information isn’t easy to access– Computers in businesses are virtually overflowing with data. However, if you’re not able to access that data and process it into useful information, it’s not doing you much good. But with the right business software, you can access that information and turn it into information that can help the organization flourish. For example, you can use the data to spot trends, examine growth and monitor progress.
Here at Onguard, we offer credit management software that works with leading ERP systems, giving you the functionality you need to create effective and efficient order to cash processes. To find out more about how Onguard can help you chase in payments, deal with accounts receivable and lower DSO, contact us today.
“The secret of change is not to focus on fighting the old, but on building the new”